Freshman Year Recap

My freshman year at Ohio Northern University was the best thing that I could ever ask for. Going in, of course I was very nervous, but after a while I realize that I couldn’t have picked a better home for myself for the next four years. Everything from the small village of Ada, to the wild football games, was like a perfect fit that I couldn’t have known would happen until it did. 


My first friend at ONU was my roommate, Brynn. I’ve heard nothing but horror roommate stories, but I was blessed to have such an amazing roommate and now friend in my first year. My second group of friends came from the golf team. As a golfer, you would expect that my team and I would get along, but what you wouldn’t expect is how we’re actually more like a family. I would be willing to say that out of all the sports teams we are the closest and we spend the most time together. You can always find us at team din din in Mac at 5:00pm or hanging out in the golf lab in Kinghorn. 



First semester I went in as a forensic biology major, but quickly realized that was not for me. It had been my dream to be a forensic biologist since I was in sixth grade, but the reality of me being able to keep up with the curriculum just wasn’t there. A couple months into the semester however, I ended up going viral on social media, because of this my coach introduced to me to a professor that works with social media and teaches social media classes. After this, I was convinced to change my major second semester to public relations and minor in social media.

I couldn’t be more grateful for the friends that I made this year and the changes that I made to my future. ONU is an amazing home but it’s an even better school and family, I love how small the campus is because walking to class I can always say hi to friends or meet new people on the tundra. 


I hope everyone can have an experience as great as mine their freshman year of college. If you pick the right place for you, you’ll fit in like you’ve been there your whole life. 




Comments

  1. I am so glad you found your home at ONU! I have enjoyed getting to know you in class. I am glad you didn't let the quarantine get you down. Even though one year of the college experience got cut a little short, you were still able to accomplish so much! I hope the rest of your years at ONU are just as awesome as this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Studying Habits

How to Keep Yourself Busy While at Home from School

Final Week Stress Help