Missing Loved Ones Pt. 1

There are two people I miss most in the world. My Grammy and my Papa, my Grammy passed when I was 17 and my Papa passed when I was 15. In this Blog I will be talking about my Papa and in the part two, I will talk about my Grammy.


            Ever since I was a baby, my Papa and I had a very special bond. He gave me the most special nickname I could ask for. He only ever called me “Gypsy” and there is a very funny reason why. When my mom and dad announced that my name was going to be Madylin, my Papa told them that he didn’t like it and that it was a gypsy name which is where the nickname started. For 15, my papa never called me Madylin or Mady, only Gypsy. 
            My Papa and I had many inside jokes, but my favorite was our sign language. For example, if you ever saw us in a public setting put our arms straight up in the air, with palms facing in, it meant we were bored.
            One of my favorite things in this world is actually something he made. My papa loved ships and lighthouses so much that he decorated the computer room in a beach theme to put out all of his collected items. He also enjoyed arts and crafts and would often buy little ceramic objects to paint while he was home alone. When he had passed and we were cleaning out the computer room and all of his decorations, we found a ceramic boat, that no one knew about, that he had pained and named “Gypsy” on the side in a glitter paint. When he used the glitter, some must’ve gotten on his thumb because there is a finger print on the boat as well. 
            My Papa is still my most favorite person in this world, and I miss him with my entire heart. He was my best friend, partner in crime and my potato chip-eating buddy. It’s crazy to think he has been gone for almost four years now. I miss the silly dad jokes and the good morning texts I get in the morning from him. 
Losing my Papa was one of the hardest things to ever happen to me because not only did I lose my Grandfather, but I lost my best friend at the same time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Studying Habits

How to Keep Yourself Busy While at Home from School

Final Week Stress Help