Friends I've Made Family



There are three friends in my life that have made me feel so at home and welcome in my own skin that I will consider them family forever. These three friends are Caleb, Hanna and Torrie. These three people have altered my life forever, taught me some good lesson and have been along my side for even better memories. I can thank them for making my high school and college life an absolute blast. 

Caleb came into my life in third grade after he moved to my school and was put into my class. We initially became friends because he told everyone Miranda Cosgrove was his sister, and me, being the biggest iCarly fan ever, needed an autograph so I befriended him very quickly. As soon as I made him a close friend, I found out he was lying to make friends and I’ll tell you what, he did a great job of that. This week will be our 10-year friendiversary and were planning to get all dressed up and have a cute dinner (at home, thanks COVID-19). 

Hanna is another funny story. I met Hanna is seventh grade during woodshop where I started talking to her because our teacher partnered us up. After that class was over, we didn’t talk anymore until the following year for the next woodshop class when we paired ourselves up because we only knew each other in the class. I, for reasons still unknown to this day, informed Hanna that I did not like her last year, but I liked her now. That was so incredibly mean, and she never lets me live that moment down, but I guess it’s a pretty funny story to pass along. 

Lastly, I have Torrie. Torrie is a friend I made this year during my freshman year at ONU. Torrie is also a freshman and we met because were both on the golf team. The first-time m=we hung out; it was like a total click. I’ve never bonded with someone so fast in my life. She’s like my soulmate but a friend version. At school, we do almost everything together, from eating meals to annoying the team were always seen being crackheads together. Were double trouble and even our coach can’t handle us and has to separate us sometimes.

As you can tell, my friends all came to me in different ways and its by God that Caleb was put into my school district and class after moving, that Hanna was randomly selected to be my seventh-grade woodshop partner, and that Torrie picked ONU to golf at. Friends come in crazy ways, but always remember, they’re put here for a reason. In your life you will only get so many great friends. These three are people I can see my children calling aunt and uncle. These are my people, the best people, the people I chose as family. 

Comments

  1. This is awesome Mady! Thank you so much for sharing about the people who have impacted your life. They seem like awesome people and you are right, everyone is put there for a reason. I loved reading about this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Studying Habits

How to Keep Yourself Busy While at Home from School

Final Week Stress Help