Growing Up in a Small Town


Monroe ($roe), Michigan. The first county you meet coming into Michigan up I-75 and the most boring, non-exciting site you will experience. A real “Welcome to Michigan”, if you will. Well, that’s where I live, born and raised, a county full of corn fields, a graduating class of 83, and a drive your tractor to school day to top it all off. In a town with nothing to do, you learn how to keep yourself entertained. 

The number one thing my friends I learned to do in $roe was play hostage. Hostage was game that could incorporate anywhere from 8-20 people and wasted a lot of time in a super fun and competitive way. It’s an easy game to play but a hard game to explain, I’ll try my best. 

For the easiest explanation, were going to assume were playing a game with 8 people. Two cars will be needed, four people in each car, a driver, a passenger, and two people, blindfolded, in the backseat. The driver and passenger of one car is on the same team as the people in the back seat of the other car. So, in each car, there are two team members of two different teams. The goal of the game is to drive somewhere crazy and drop the people in the back seat off at an undisclosed location in 30 minutes (or any agreed upon time). Once the people in the backseat are dropped off, they will call the passenger in the other car and try to explain using landmarks where they are, no phone maps allowed. The first car to pick up their teammates and make it back to the base wins. 

This a great game to play with friends in the summer!

Comments

  1. I totally feel you girl. My town is very uneventful. Growing up in a small town is a blessing and a curse. I did learn how to keep myself entertained, mainly going on drives and walking around Walmart. My boyfriend is from DC and he thought it was hilarious that we go to Walmart for fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Studying Habits

How to Keep Yourself Busy While at Home from School

Final Week Stress Help