Missing Loved Ones Pt.2

For this blog instead of writing about my grandmother like I did with my papa, I want to share something with you. When my Grammy passed away, the house was empty, and we had to completely clean everything out. When doing this, we found a journal that my Grammy was writing in and it was made for me. She Logged every time that we had hung out and talked about what we did and sometimes when she missed me, she would just write about me in it. I want to share the most important thing to me that she wrote. 


Easter is my favorite holiday. I loved searching for eggs and as I got older my Grammy would make me super hard egg hunts and loved to watch me hunt for the eggs. The first Easter without her was Easter 2019 and I decided to opt out of the egg hunt that year because I couldn’t do it. It wasn’t until a few weeks before this Easter that I re-read the journal and realized she wrote me something very important: 
“Getting ready for another Easter. I know you’re getting ready to grow up, I’m going to miss all the hunts and the look on your face as you find another egg. Don’t lose the joy.”
After reading that I realized that I had lost the joy. It broke my heart at first but then I remembered that all I had to do was celebrate the memory. Don’t be sad that Grammy is hiding the eggs for you and laughing at you searching for them but tell people the story of the egg hunts. Maybe you’re not ready to hunt yet, but why not help hide the eggs for everyone else and carry on the tradition Grammy made so special for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Studying Habits

How to Keep Yourself Busy While at Home from School

Final Week Stress Help